Friday 12 May 2017

Racing on...

Just a quick update to show off the finished top of my horse quilt. (The beginning is here if you haven't seen it).


It's almost two meters long, looks rather imposing up close. The manes are working ok so far - they are inserted in the seams, but I'm still going to arrange them and partially stitch them down when quilting. Another thing that will change the appearance is going to be the horses' eyes and nostrils- I'm not sure yet but they will probably be appliqué of some kind of glossy fabric or faux leather (any suggestions are welcome!) It doesn't have to be realistic, just mark the face.


Quilting is still under consideration as well, I think I'll have a different filler pattern for each horse. Hope I'll soon be able to show you the end result.

Linking up to Off the Wall Friday at Creations by Nina-Marie
Finished or not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts

8 comments:

  1. Hi Olena, I'm really looking forward to seeing your finished piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had not realise it was so big. Yes, it must be impressive. :-) I think that using leather is a good idea. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An impressive project. Great coordination of color in this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beau départ, je me réjouis de voir les yeux

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible! I can't wait to see how you quilt it.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...